[nagdu] unfamiliar areas

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Apr 19 18:42:50 UTC 2015

Some of my dogs have been better than others.  That is why I ask the
person to keep talking.  If I wanted to teach the command I would
probably begin by having my dog follow someone he/she knows and give
frequent rewards and praise when the dog is successful.  Then, find
someone your dog does not know so well and keep working on the skill.

On 4/19/15, Danielle Burton via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> This conversation leads to a question I have. GEB doesn't teach the follow
> command. So, my dog doesn't know to follow. She will sort of but not really.
> How would you go about teaching this? Also, they do not recommend you do
> this because the dog could risk not paying as much attention. Is this true
> for those of you handlers who have worked multiple dogs?
> Thanks,
> Danille and Willa who hasn't figured out how to follow yet
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 19, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Pam via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> hi everyone. i'm just wondering what u all do if u r working your dog in
>> an area that is not familiar to u but u also have a sighted person with u
>> too. do u just follow the sighted person with your dog? it's not something
>> i've really done yet so just curious what others do. thanks ☺️
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/danielleburton94%40gmail.com

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053