[nagdu] Fake Service Dogs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Aug 3 20:31:41 UTC 2015

It's not a fake service animal.  Animals don't fake it, people do.  If the
woman has a disability, then the dog if trained to do a task to mitigate her
disability, is a service animal.  It sounds as if the dog is poorly trained
though.  that is a different issue.  Businesses can ask her to take the dog
out, if it's acting inappropriately, touching other customers uninvited,
touching the merchandise, barking, or other ill behavior.  However they do
have to give her the opportunity to address the situation.  One bark or
sniff isn't grounds for an eviction, but repeated behavior that isn't
addressed is grounds for the boot.
HTH
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC