[nagdu] I gotta go out

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Fri Aug 7 19:38:39 UTC 2015

That was how it worked with Mitzi. I hung the bells on the door, jingled
the bells when we went out, then she started jingling the bells to go
out. Every three minutes. I started ignoring the bells, so that made the
bells sort of useless. /lol/ I thought about dredging them up or getting
new ones (I think I gave my first ones away) with this new puppy, but
the thought of three dogs ringing the bells was not inspiring. The girls
have their ways of letting me know when they want out, and their
bladders are on nice, consistent adult schedules. Loki has gotten pretty
good at just going to the door if we're in the family room. If I'm in
the office, he will poke me with his nose or put his paw on my leg to
let me know, though sometimes he will do that just for a bit of
attention. He's getting more consistent. Every now and then, he will try
another strategy which I don't catch on to, so oops. Sigh. It's one
thing knowing this sort of thing happens with adolescents and it's not
the end of the world but another thing when it's my adolescent, since I
know he knows better.

At least I let myself in for this by choice. If I'd gone to get a fully
trained adult dog and had to go through it, I wouldn't be happy, either.
You're doing a good job, Tracy, even though it must be just super
frustrating sometimes.

Tami