[nagdu] Going to Prison.

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Tue Aug 11 18:11:27 UTC 2015

Interesting I never realized that some textbooks for transcribed by people that are in prison.

On Aug 11, 2015, at 6:22 AM, Nancy VanderBrink via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

I was in Louisville doing a church internship a few years ago and one day while my dog and I were traveling down a sidewalk a man approached.  Upon further conversation he relayed how while in prison he had trained a dog and it was working!
He went on to say how doing so had made a huge impact on his life and how humbled he was to meet me.
Here we are in the middle of downtown crying about how these wonderful creatures have forever changed our lives.  Sadly I cannot recall his name but I remember his story!
Here in SC our textbooks in Braille are transcribed in a women's prison.  I'm going to take Doc when I visit, hopefully he can bring people some joy.

Thanks,
Nancy V. Irwin
Sent from my iPhone