[nagdu] Going to Prison.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:55:57 UTC 2015

Hi Jennifer, yes, prisoners do transcribe things into Braille,
and also have done some reading of textbooks.  When I was a
student at the School for the Blind in Oregon some of our science
textbooks were recorded by prisoners.  And "some of the people
who transcribe in those programs in prison have been able to be
employed as transcribers when they get out.  It's a great
program.  I know someone who at least was employed to head up one
of the bigger transcribing programs.  He's a blind guy with a dog
from Seeing Eye.  He's done some great work with those prisoners,
and he is accompanied by his dog at work.    Debby and Nova