[nagdu] Puppy raising, taking the pup in public

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 18:13:16 UTC 2015

there’s not a single thing wrong with you cindy.  i feel exactly the same way.
they are dogs, dogs have packs, strange dogs are not in your pack.
and, all it takes is 1 single mistake and, your well-trained guide will be no more.
there was a woman in my class who was there because, she let her dog out in the yard to play with her husband’s guide.  well, the play must have gotten rough and, her dog’s neck was broken.  she was killed.
nope.  not for me.
i play with my dog a lot and, she does not seem deprived.
i must be mean also.  the other thing i just don’t get is when folks identify themselves as, name and dogs name.
bobby and jenna.  joe and shyla.  etc.  i am me.  i am not me and my dog.
i think that, when we identify ourselves this wway it just promotes the thoughts that, we are not whole without our dog.
i don’t want the public to identify me as vivianna and dog.  i want to be me.  just me.  nothing else.  just a person.
many many of us don’t want all that attention brought on by working with a guide.
i don’t have parties for my dog.  i don’t dress her up.  i don’t make her wear hats, booties, bells, anything that brings attention to her.
and, she is not suffering.  lol.

Vivianna