[nagdu] Puppy raising, taking the pup in public

Sonja O sohldag at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:33:03 UTC 2015

Fun to read everyone's personal thoughts on this subject.
I try to balance work and play time for chief.
He's on his toes a good 8-10 hours a day, walks many miles and works beautifully.
I can tell that he really enjoys his personal time during weekly beach meetups or hikes with friends and their dogs.
He's not the type that runs into a crowd and wants to play with everyone, but he has his friends in every group we hang out with and he does enjoy being a dog and let his mind and soul be free from focus and work.
It makes me happy to know that he's so appreciative and I think he thanks me for it by being the awesome working dog he is.
We also invite his friends over for parties and bbqs at our house or go to our friends houses for the holidays, etc.
For him that's a treat and he has a big smile on his face, which to me means everything.

All my dogs were the same way. I think it really depends on our dogs' personality and their preferences. They're like us - not everyone is the same and not everyone needs socializing the same way..

In regards to being seen a team - I love that people always invite me And chief or ask me how chief is doing or are worried when I show up without him. He's my lifeline and my light and I feel at ease when he's seen and respected.

Happy day, sonja and chief

Sent from my iPhone