[nagdu] Barking, re-re-re-re-visited?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 19 21:54:35 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone,
For those who are new or don't know, the past few months have been a bit of a struggle.  Jenny has been barking off and on when people approach her.  I have since discovered that it is a two-part issue:
1) If her ears are sore (ear infections, etc.), barking at people is her alerting behavior to me. Ears are cleared out and doing better, the behavior stops entirely...
2) EXCEPT when the person is wearing glasses with dark frames.  We have two people in my office who wear such glasses, and those are the only ones that set her off, ever.

I am thrilled to mostly have this dealt with... I have people come up to my desk 50 times a day, and she doesn't care, but the two coworkers walk by with their dark-framed glasses and she'll bark at them.  Thankfully this is very infrequent, but I do want to work with her on this to eliminate the behavior.

I have shown Jenny the glasses of people who wear them, let them interact with her while wearing the glasses, so that it's a "happy" thing, but since it's an odd behavior that is relatively infrequent, I'm at a bit of a loss of how to train her away from it.

Any pointers welcome.

Daryl