[nagdu] Naming names

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Aug 22 18:16:35 UTC 2015

I don't think Sandra ever said he wasn't a good trainer.  Training and
repossessing are two entirely different issues.

It's interesting to me that people seem to take special offense because of
the time element to this story.  Would it make a difference, as far as the
naming names part, if it happened 4 months ago?

A really honest question that I would really like answered...why is there
such fear about sharing anything negative about the schools?  I've never
been to a program and it's obvious I'm missing something here.  I can't
think of anything else that even comes close to the loyalty, to the
detriment of progress, that some people feel  about their guide dog school.

When I think about my college, my orientation center training, past
employment, the city I live in, my friends...my choice in soft drink...if
one of these people/entities did something I found repugnant I would want to
talk about it openly with anyone interested in talking about it and more
importantly doing something about it.  That is not the case when it comes to
guide dog programs and I am baffled as to why this is.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC