[nagdu] Just saw this: Guide dogs and athletes

Darla J. Rogers djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 18:53:19 UTC 2015

I am finding this topic most interesting; running with one's guide, however,
isn't new no matter what the schools have said.  There are those who are
skilled enough to do this, but if more runners are asking for dogs who can
run, I applaud the schools for stepping forward to face this challenge and
conquer it.

I was wondering what special equipment the dog might need?  It would seem
that a longer harness handle would be required, but I honestly don't know.

If I run into someone who runs with their guide, I assure you I have lots of
c curiosity, though with a rec recently replaced right knee, it isn't
something on the bucket list of things I want to do, but I am loving the
plethora of activities guide dog school graduates and owner/trainers are
undertaking with their dogs.
Darla & Huck very impatient to be able to work again.

Darla J. Rogers M.S.

Djrogers0628 at gmail.com

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
¯ Wayne W. Dyer