[nagdu] Just saw this: Guide dogs and athletes

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 02:52:12 UTC 2015

Many people like a british style attachment for a harness when they run.  This gives the handle a great deal more lateral movement, however, you need to be very aware of where you are in relation to the dog as it is easy to over walk or over run a dog with this type of equipment.
My dog runs in a harness that has a v-shaped breastplate so it does not put pressure on the throat.  It also allows the front legs more room to stride out.  I do prefer a longer handle and for it to be made of flexible tubing.  I do not use the british style but the flexible tubing allows for the same effect of more lateral movement.
You can also run in a canicross style, of the dog in an X-back harness, with a tow and a belt for the human where the towline is attached to the belt.  You need to have good balance to do this and it is better if you run on a flat straight surface if you run this way.  Canicross is usually done cross country, where you will encounter uneven trails, but I have run canicross in urban environments on a flat paved bikepath or trail.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone