[nagdu] naming names was Owning guide dogs

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:04:14 UTC 2015

Hi JULIE, respectfully, I disagree.  I think it would be
important to name names if the occurrence had just happened.  But
forty years ago is a long time, and people and programs do
change.  What concerns me about sharing something that happened
forty years ago and naming names is that GDF has changed, John no
longer works there, correct? John is not the same person he was
forty years ago, but having that reference to him could cause
people to doubt his fairness or ability.  I have no problem for
people being called out for stuff they do now, but I don't really
think it's exactly fair to have stuff going out everywhere that
happened that long ago.  I don't like it in other venues, and I
don't like it here.  I'd sure hate to have stuff I did forty
years ago suddenly out for everybody to see.  I'm not the same
person I was forty years ago, and neither is John Byfield.
Debby and Nova