[nagdu] Naming names

Jody Ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:32:38 UTC 2015

Hello Cindy,

Ah, but I think it was very relevant that the name of the instructor was listed in her email.

Please let me explain.  The instructor is still training guide dog partners.  If you were a new student and you found out this instructor was going to train you, then you would have a negative impression of the instructor.

You would not know he had over 58 years experience in training guide dog teams or that he was a legend in his field known internationally for his dedication to guide dogs.

Most instructors would have retired many years ago but he is still working and doing all he can to help guide dog handlers world wide.

It is also possible that her experience with the school was such that the instructor had no choice but to follow the rules of the school at the time.

So yes, I do feel the criticism was unnecessary and damaging.

I suppose you might say I am prejudice because I know the instructor personally and I know how much he cares about every one of his students.

JODY 🐺
thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."  DOCTOR WHO (Tom Baker)