[nagdu] Any tips for us?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:35:53 UTC 2015

I'm not sure exactly how to put my thoughts into words, but I think it
is important for puppy raisers to always remember to consider how the
behavior of the puppy will effect it's working life. I know puppy
raisers are given a lot of information on what to teach the pups and
how to teach it, but I'm not sure they always understand why it is so
important.

When used properly, crate training should not create an impulsive dog.
Yes, the puppy should be put in the crate when it isn't supervised
while it's young, especially before it is house broken, but the puppy
should spend less and less time in the crate as it gets older. I have
a dog who doesn't have the best house behavior, but I really don't
think crate training as a puppy made much difference. It's just the
kind of dog he is, curious, a little impulsive, persistent, energetic,
and intelligent all combining to make him a hand full at times. Many
of those qualities though make him a good worker, so I deal with it.

Danielle and Thai