[nagdu] Please don't pet me, I'm working.

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:46:47 UTC 2015

i have a sign on my dog’s harness.  but, it’s not a sign with words on it.  it’s a sign with a visual; a outline of a hand with a red slash going through it.
this way it covers all languages and goes right into the brain without needing to be translated.
i think it helps as, i have had little children say; “ mommy, look, that says, no petting.”
luckily, i don’t have much trouble with folks wanting to just grab my 80 pound german shepherd.
i will say though that, i get way more people asking questions, asking if they can pet, blah blah with the shepherd than i ever did with my last guide who was a doberman.  i never used or needed a sign on her.
but, also, i am one of those meannies who doesn’t like to be pestered about my guide.  i want to be treated like just another person going about my business.

Vivianna