[nagdu] Please don't pet me, I'm working.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Aug 28 13:02:33 UTC 2015

The picture with the head of a dog, a hand reaching and the slash through
the whole thing, sort of resembling a "no smoking" sign, is also the one I
had.   around the picture it said, " Please don't pet, I'm working" or
something very close to that.  Still more people petted with it than
without.

Overall I don't have too much of a problem with random petifiles.  Monty
really doesn't like to socialize with random strangers.  Jetta does, but I
keep tabs on her tendency to visit much more closely than with other dogs
I've had.   I seem to go through phases with her.  We'll go months with no
one petting or asking to, then one day I'll be in Wal-Mart and every
Doberman person for 60 miles will be in there.

If a sign works for you or if you want to try it out, then go for it.
Perhaps it depends on the local culture and attitude about dogs, blindness
or respect for other people's space?  I don't know, but give the sign a try
and see what happens.  If nothing else you will  have stories to share with
us!

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC