[nagdu] Please don't pet me, I'm working.

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 09:03:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,
For some reason I spend much of my time trying to educate people about the harness. People for some reason do not believe my dog is working because he does not wear a vest. I do not know why the public can only think working dog equals vest and nothing more. When I tell people not to pet my dog that's the response I get. "Oh he's not one of those service dogs on a vest so I can." Really? First he is a guide dog and guide dogs wear harnesses to assist their handlers. Second he with a type of service dog protected under ADA law. Third my dog don't touch. I have considered putting a do not pet me sign on him for a while
, but I don't even know where to get the m.
Honestly my best comeback to people when they pet my dog is "my dog is working. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I started petting you while you were doing your job. Please do not distract him." Of course I get the same remarks everyone has already stated. "Oh I know I'm not aloud but..."
So what do you think, should I get a sign? If so from where?
Bridget and Paulson
Sent from my iPad