[nagdu] Not vocalizing in the Halti? WAS Re: a goat

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 29 22:44:03 UTC 2015

Raven,
Your story about the Golden Guy barking at the miniature horse statue made me laugh out loud.

Once, not long after Jenny and I finished training, we went shopping at Old Navy. I guess at this particular store (not sure about others) there's a mannequin (dogequin?) of a dog.  This dogequin just stood there and "stared" at Jenny for the two minutes my friend was reading me the signs that showed what was on sale... and Jenny couldn't take it any more.  She let out this one loud ""Woof!", and my friend burst out laughing when she realized why. Jenny looked so sheepish after that... never did bark at anything else like that, though she was quite interested in the taxedermed firehouse dog in the New York firefighter museum.

You mentioned that the Golden Guy doesn't vocalize when wearing the Halti... do you think it's because he can't open his mouth all the way? Or just chooses not to?  either I have a very vocal dog (possibly true) or I don't have a true Halti-brand Halti (also possibly true), but if she really really wants to, she can vocalize while wearing a Hait.

Daryl