[nagdu] Healthy dog treats

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:55:44 UTC 2015

First, selling insects as a way to sustainably provide nutrition to
the world is nonsense. We already have more than enough food to feed
the world. However, we have a distribution problem. If you don't have
money or transport, you have less access to adequate nourishment. And
the corporations who control where the food goes isn't getting it to
everyone, especially those folks who can't line their pockets with
money.
Think about how much food grocery stores and restaurants throw away. I
assure you, there is no food shortage.

As for using insects in dog food, go for it. Everything in most
commercial dog foods is cooked to death, so no matter what nutrition
insects have, it won't matter after they're baked and extruded at
upwards of 400 degrees.
Besides, everything else is in dog food, so what difference does it
make to add insects. There's factory floor sweepings, mites, molds,
saw dust, diseased animals, and other garbage, so adding bugs is a
nonissue.
Also, insect flour is better than grain, potato starch, or any other
plant starch for sure since dogs weren't meant to process any of those
things on a daily basis in the first place. Insect flour will be one
of the best ingredients in these dog foods and treats.

It doesn't make a difference for me and my dog since I don't buy
processed foods.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs