[NAGDU] How Do You Plan for Christmas

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:45:59 UTC 2015

Oh God, if I had all that happening, I think every dog would be
kenneled during gift-opening time. The Golden Guy just lays there next
to me and watches everyone open there gifts without excitement.

Gift-opening time is at least a training opportunity for the puppy. A
chew toy is a good idea. I would keep the puppy on a short leash and
reward for sit-stays and down-stays during that time, at least until
clean up of gift wrapping and such. She can't get into too much wrong
if you show her what's right upfront.

Ask other raisers how they handle their pups and decorative,
gift-giving holidays. Surely, the experienced folks have effective
approaches for these situations.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs