[NAGDU] How Do You Plan for Christmas

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 04:26:45 UTC 2015

And no one has mentioned the distructive power of the doggy tails!

I'm pretty sure my dog's tail has destroyed more ornaments than his
mouth.  :)  My solution to the gift-opening excitement problem is to
allow my dog to sit next to me either on the floor, or I break the
rules and allow him on the couch.  He will stay next to me if I make
it exciting enough for him at first.  Once I reward him and start
opening presents, he watches me for a while and then gets board with
the whole thing.  Lol

If you have a dog who just loves to be near you, getting them to stay
down next to you while you open presents won't be too hard, especially
if you reward them for doing it until they don't want to do anything
else.

When we do our larger family gatherings, I keep my dog on leash.
There is too much noise around for me to hear what he's getting into,
and I hate trying to call him every minute.  My solution for my own
short comings is to put him on leash so he has to stay by me, but he
can still be petted by the little kids and whoever else wants to say
high.

One note about dog tails: do not put candles where the tail can hit them.  :)