[NAGDU] Materials for Canes

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 17:12:29 UTC 2015

Dear all,

                I have been contacted by the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) inquiring about the materials used for cane
construction. Does anyone know if there are any manufacturers of white canes
which make plastic white canes. I am aware of graphite, fiberglas, carbon
fiber, and aluminum, but do not know of any manufacturers using plastic. If
you do, please let me know and provide me with the manufacturer's name.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)

President at nagdu.org

http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!