[NAGDU] TSA Pat Downs wasL Materials for Canes

David david at bakerinet.com
Mon Dec 14 19:46:00 UTC 2015

We've had a couple of arguments with TSA in Atlanta where they wanted me
to let go of the leash.  I just extend it on a sit/stay and after I'm
through call her to me.  I then hold her jowls while they pat her down.
The discussion has been around whether they needed to pat me down,
because I held her leash even though I didn't beep.  I have prevailed
each time, but it takes extra time and if you have a spent a lot of time
going to the relieving area way at the end of the building, it can get a
bit dicey making a connection.  Their needs to be better TSA training,
especially in Atlanta, but if you request a Personal Services Agent the
process goes very smoothly.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL