[NAGDU] Job interviews?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 15 04:37:12 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone!
So I'm on the job hunt... it's definitely a different economy from the previous times I have done interviews, but overall I'm doing ok. I've already had one interview last week, have another this week, and just applied for another job that looks like it would be awesome!
This most recent job application has prompted my question, though. Previously, I have never disclosed my blindness or the fact that I use a guide dog. This particular office has a designated "morale booster", a little dog.
I am wondering a couple of things:
1) Should I disclose before arriving that I have a service dog so that they can be prepared in case of barking and attempts to greet?
2) Has anyone worked in offices with other dogs, and how has this worked out?
My guide has a mild dog distraction (basically, she's fine 99% of the time until the other dog is within about 2 feet of her), so I'm not super concerned about any craziness, but would love any pointers about tackling the interview and/or working a guide in an office with another dog present in the same workspace.

Thanks a ton!

Daryl