[NAGDU] Job interviews?

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Tue Dec 15 05:05:56 UTC 2015

Hi Daryl,

Good question. First, what kind of job?

I ask because I think one of the most powerful things you can do is to find
a way, in advance, to make blindness an asset. In sales, for example, when I
applied for a job in 1989 I wrote my cover letter for my resume including a
paragraph at the end telling the people that I was blind. I explained that
as a blind person I have had to sell all my life in order to succeed and
live my life. The question I asked at the end of the letter was whether the
firm wanted to hire someone who just sold during the day and treated the
position as a job or whether they wanted to hire someone who was always
selling and truly understood sales for the science and art it is.

I got the interview and the job because of that letter. Now, in your case I
do not know the job, but if you want to share we can strategize. If you want
to write off list feel free to email me at mike at michaelhingson.com or call
me at (415) 827-4084. I believe that, in the case of most jobs, there is a
way to use the same strategy and make blindness an asset and not a
liability.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
"Speaking with Vision"
Michael Hingson, President
(415) 827-4084
info at michaelhingson.com
To order Michael Hingson's new book, Running With Roselle, and check on
Michael Hingson's speaking availability for your next event please visit:
www.michaelhingson.com

To purchase your own portrait of Roselle painted by the world's foremost
animal artist, Ron Burns, please visit http://www.ronburns.com/roselle