[NAGDU] Dog maturity was:Hello

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 16 18:16:03 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

thanks for sharing your views on dog maturity and age with me! It's
interesting, really.
The reason why I'm so sensitive about that topic is that Taylor, who is my
first guide, was almost three but still behaved like a puppy in the house
for the first weeks. So I was pretty unexperienced and while he was a
perfekt worker from day one, I had so much work to do regarding his house
manners. And I'm still working on certain behavioural issues. So I tend to
think: If he had been even younger, it would have been more trouble or more
work to do.
But as Sandra's example shows, it does not have to do with the actual age of
the dog. Maybe it would have made no difference at all if Taylor had been a
year younger because it's just his silliness and not his age. ;-)
Anyway, it's interesting to read about your different expierences on this.

Lisa