[NAGDU] Dog maturity was:Hello

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:41:15 UTC 2015

Hi Lisa, my first dog was three when I got her.  She was kind of
crazy at first, too.  But I think (though I don't know this for
sure) but I think that dogs have to test their boundaries when
they first come into a new situation, whether they be guides or
just your every day ordinary pet dog.  Growing up we had several
pets.  I do remember them chewing things, and maybe getting into
the garbage.  I remember my dad disciplined them like he did us,
which always made me cringe.  I could hear them crying as they
were being smacked.  I wanted to open my bedroom door and yell
for them to come in and then gather them in my arms.  But I
didn't dare do that.  Anyway, even older dogs have their silly
moments.  Our nine year-old dog occasionally forgets himself and
does something like get in the garbage which he hasn't done in a
long time.  Of course, he knows better so usually a voice
correction works fine with him.    Peace,    Debby