[NAGDU] New routine!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 17 15:56:43 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone!

I've written before about my employment situation... and it has once again changed. I received a lay-off notification yesterday, and my last day will be Dec 31.
I am in NO WAY sad to see this job go.  But unemployment stresses me out. The irony is, I think once this monkey's off my back, Jenny will be less stressed overall as well.

But Jenny in particular thrives on routine. Last time I got a lay-off notice, the transition period was short and sweet, and occurred in the summer. Now that it's winter (and therefore cold and snowy), walking outside for extended periods doesn't sound like fun.  I have a couple interviews, but am at a bit of a loss as to what to do to keep both myself and my dog occupied. There's a local mall nearby that I can use to work on training and targeting and all of that, but there's only so much of that I can do before getting bored or boring my dog, and the closest bigger malls are ones I hate going to or are across really REALLY busy intersections with short lights that sighted people hate crossing.

Any suggestions?

Daryl