[NAGDU] New routine!

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 17 17:30:03 UTC 2015

Hi Daryl,

Some days, I  can't go out much due to my health issues. Apart from playing
or free running, I teach Taylor new tasks in the house. We started with the
simple command "Bring!" and then extended this so he can distinguish a few
objects. Like "Bring the socks!" or "Bring the bottle!".
A friend of mine taught her guide dog a bit of dog dancing to keep him
occupied. She started by standing upright and teach the dog to walk around
you on the right side, then on the left side, while each side of course has
a command. Unfortunately, these are the only moves that I kept in mind but
google might help you there. ;-)
There's also a game where the dog learns to find one certain tea bag in
between a pile of different flavoured ones by remembering the particular
smell.
Currently, I'm thinking of teaching Taylor to help me unload the washing
machine.
All these tasks have nothing to do with guidework but they at least keep the
dog's brain working. :-)

I hope both you and Jenny find ways to keep yourselves busy!

Lisa