[NAGDU] Drooling again?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 21:17:51 UTC 2015

It can be a sign of pain. So perhaps the freezing paw was painful as
it was heating back up. I'm sure we've all experienced this when
coming back inside after a long stretch in the cold. Your fingers hurt
a bit because they've gone so numb and are regaining warmth and
feeling.

It may also pertain to any salt on the ground. Road salt or brine can
cause a chemical burn on the dog's paw, and that's definitely painful.
If she has a burn, coconut oil on the paw, and keep it covered to
prevent licking. 50/50 acv and water applied to the paw can also help.

Not sure what cause the rip in the boot, but these boots are easily
torn by long claws. I had to learned that the hard way a couple times,
too.
Keeping a nail file or nail grinder on hand, to at least eliminate the
sharper or pointed ends of claws can help reduce tearing the boots.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs