[NAGDU] workday behavior - Behavior Changes?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 01:16:49 UTC 2015

Morgan,
During the work day, guide dogs are expected to do what yours does
during class. Lay quietly and mind their own business.

Some people allow coworkers to visit with their dogs, others don't.
Some people give their dogs bones to gnaw on, others don't. During my
3 previous jobs, my dog just lay there and slept or sat quietly.

Currently, I work in a place where my coworkers bring their dogs to
work, so my dog sometimes has another dog to play with in our office.
And one of my coworkers will take my dog to the playpen outside to
play with their dog.
I also sometimes work him during the day, or I'll play with him in the
halls after hours.
But he lays quietly most of the time. He is a very low-key, low energy
dog, so he doesn't require much activity to keep him sane. Two or 3
15-minute play sessions daily works for him. A few days a week, we do
much more than that, but typically not.

Just depends on what's convenient for you and your dog, and is
practical at your particular job location.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs