[NAGDU] Shulamith is back

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 02:46:52 UTC 2015

Shulamith was returned to me this morning. The guy just showed up on my
door step with out even calling ahead. He was aware of the dog's issues
when he agreed to take her. He agreed to get some professional training for
her aggression issues with other dogs. I gave him several collars and a
halti with the dog. He refused to use the halti on her. He bought a harness
made of some kind of string type material. I am surprised that she didn't
brake it . He said she pulled him down. I had explained to him before he
took the dog,what a halti is used for and how to use it. He refused to use
it. I told him, if you have control of the dog's head,you have control of
the dog. He had absolutely no control of the dog with that harness and that
is why she pulled him down. He knew she was a strong dog. He also knew that
she was not service dog trained,and in fact,was washed out of guide dog
training. He said he wanted her for a companion dog. I just hate dealing
with people like that.They think they know every thing and can handle any
dog.All the information and tips I gave him fell on deaf ears.He could have
called me for help with her at any time. So now the dog has been abandoned
by another person in her life,which isn't helping at all.He never contacted
a trainer to help him with her,which he promised to do.Now I not only have
to find some one out there who will give Shulamith what she
needs,love,understanding,patience and professional training,but I am out 2
expensive collars and stuck with a piece of junk harness. I am sorry for my
rant but I am livid over this. People like this guy don't deserve to have a
dog. He put on a good show. He said he would do any thing for her so she
could be his companion.  This dog is wonderful with people,just not other
dogs. He kneww all this.I just hate dealing with people like this. They
want that perfect dog out of a rescue and it just doesn't happen that way.
It takes some work on the part of the person. I just hope I can find that
right person for Shulamith. She deserves that. I am done ranting now. At
least she did not end up as a fake service dog.    Mardi

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/