[nagdu] Getting around Springfield, Ohio

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 3 18:02:06 UTC 2015

Hi Chaim.
I don't know Springfield, or Ohio, but I've had good success exploring
places beforehand with GPS.  Do you have a GPS program?  I have Sendero,
running on my BrailleNote. If I know I'm staying at a certain address, and
going to another, I put in the first address and look at points of
interest nearby.  Same with the second address.  I could also create a
route between the 2 places, but I wouldn't completely rely on that,
because, in my experience, GPS occasionally tells me to walk on the
highway, a very bad idea.  Sometimes, I make my hotel address my starting
point, and pretend-walk down a street, seeing what points of interest
Sendero gives me.
This has worked well for me when my husband and I vacation somewhere we've
never been.
Just thought I'd mention it, in case it's helpful.
Wishing your wife good luck with her new job.
Tracy