[nagdu] how often to bathe dog?

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 18:17:42 UTC 2015

Bath dog? Let's see my dogs went swimming last year in the lake. Since then
the rain have kept my dogs smelling wonderful after I wipe them down with a
clean towel. Depending on the golden some smell like swamp colys after they
get wet, and some like Jake have very little doggie smell. I used to think
it was the food, but obviously not, since both dogs ate the same foods. Both
ate venison, then I switched them to a food I could afford lower grain out
of the grocery store. So wildly different foods.

I also wipe my dogs down like Julie described, but they have to smell pretty
bad or feel greasy for me to do that. I do though wash their faces if they
smell funky. I am close with my dogs, grin. In fact they sleep with me and
no stinky people or dogs are allowed in my bed, growl. I am she wolf, growl!

My first dog I had to bath more often. He would kick mud on his under
carriage, silly dog. So he just stunk as we walked through a parking lot to
get to the relief area. So yes bathed him every other month, and also wiped
him down. I like the taller goldens as that mud was awful. Oh I also lived
in a freeze thaw area of Erie PA. So yes my dogs were dirtier in my opinion.
But here in WA my relief area is all fenced in with compressed stone. So my
dogs don't get muddy. They do drag in Pine needle for me to vacuum, smile.
Much easier clean up.

So most of this is, where you live as to how many bathes they need, and the
dog itself their biology.

Becky and sweet Jake