[nagdu] When To Relieve

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Feb 26 14:35:49 UTC 2015

While it’s true your dog can hold it at night for quite a while, and it’s also true that they usually really have to go first thing in the morning, it’s equally true that you and your dog will adjust to your schedule. When training finishes, you’ll establish a schedule that’s convenient for you both. I gather from what you’re telling me that you’re having an in-home placement from wherever you’re getting your dog, and you’re not away at school That may make a difference as far as adjusting your schedule, especially if you are yourself an early riser. If you’re at school, it’s really easiest, for consistency with everyone else, to follow their relieving schedule, but you can change when you get home. If this is really an issue for you, discuss with your trainer, noting especially that your preference, dog or no, is to get up early. Then maybe you can work with the best way to modify the schedule.

—
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962