[nagdu] issue with guide dog eating snow that is fresh

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:05:10 UTC 2015

Hi.
you can encourage her to keep her head up hence reducing the amount of sniffing or eating things that you will encounter.  Just tap gently on the leash with a finger, or very gently move upwards with your hand.  you want her to relieve but you also don’t want her learning that it’s ok to start playing around or eating things.  relieving time should be just that, time to go poddy not play.  play time is separate.  she is a golden after all so she could easily start picking things up.
maybe you could reward her for going poddy by having some playtime outside on a long leash?  if you are at home and in a safe area.
just my thoughts.

Vivianna