[nagdu] issue with guide dog eating snow that is fresh

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:27:08 UTC 2015

BS'D

Nicole,

Personally, I think that it's wrong of you to tell John that you think that he has been 'a bit harsh' to his dog. You don't know him and his dog; and the most important, you weren't there when this specific situation happened. I think that these types of comments aren't helpful at all and a new guide dog handler can get more hurt and insecure by them than actually helped. Okay, enough said about that.

If I remember correctly John's Molly is from Pilot Dogs; what I understand this school is located in Ohio and according to my acquaintances in Cleveland, OH, it snows there? I've also get the feeling that Pilot Dogs uses more old-school of dog training; therefore, they wouldn't see it as incorrect to give a leash correction if the dog eats snow. My dog is trained by old-school training methodes and my guide dog instructor told me to give her leash corrections when she ate things from the ground and sniffed.

lesholom,
Leye-Shprintse and Hera, who loves to play in the snow! <3
Stockholm, Sweden