[nagdu] OT: ITunes converter?

Dudley Hanks dhanks at dudley-hanks.com
Sun Jan 4 17:50:43 UTC 2015

Hey, Daryl, I trust your trip to the Big Apple went well.

Regarding your converter question, I don't know if this is the best route
for you, but you can use a second device to record the DVD to mp3 format.

Either a dedicated recorder, such as those put out by Sony or Olympus, or a
laptop work well.

For a good recording, there is a program called "Goldwave" available for
PC's as a free trial, or a shareware program called "Audacity," both work
well.

For Apple, the "GarageBAnd" program is a good choice.

Whichever device you choose, just run a patch cord from the headphone jack
of your iPod / iPad to the recording input of the device and let it go.

When recorded, just upload to your mp3 player.

You can use this sort of setup for just about any sound source.

Hope this helps.

Dudley, with Michener