[nagdu] Picking up things that aren't toys

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:59:36 UTC 2015

Schools used to teach dogs to fetch things, but don't anymore.
It's very hard on the instructors, and many dogs who are
otherwise great guides wouldn't pass.  I had one dog who did it
well, and it was very handy, I will say.  But then my Nat and I
were so close, I think she would have climbed the highest
mountain I could find with me if that's what I wanted her to do.
Of course, she did have her "things".  She hated water and living
in Portland, Oregon was interesting with her, because it rains a
lot there.  Lol.  So she'd walk so slowly.  I'd laugh at her and
tell her that if she walked faster we'd be out of the rain.
Peace,    Debby and Neena