[nagdu] Regarding Recent Messages

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:15:56 UTC 2015

This is my last time to write on this, but I say again, leash
corrections do not equate to "yanking" our dogs.  I don't think
any of us who use leash corrections view that as our sole way of
interacting with our dogs.  If it were, I doubt that we would be
altogether successful as teams.  Just like children, dogs need
boundaries, and they need to know what those boundaries are.
Dogs are pack animals, they need to know where they stand in the
pack.  If my dog responds to verbal commands, then that is
awesome, and I'm happy, she's happy and we go on our way.  But if
she doesn't respond to verbal commands, then she needs to know
that I'm serious about what I've commanded.  We also have times
of fun and play, and times (because I have a fenced yard) that
she gets to run free with my retired guide.  Just because we
don't always use "positive" reenforcement doesn't mean that we
don't love and care for our dogs.  And to say that it's harsh to
use corrections is just plain wrong.  Now I'll go lurk under my
rock.    Debby and Neena