[nagdu] Germany was:Applying for a guide dog with a pet dog

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 12 11:16:48 UTC 2015

Hey all,

Just wanted to add to this topic that it was a huuuge problem here in
Germany that we had guinea pigs and canary birds when I applied for my dog.
Not for the school but for the health insurance that pays for a guide dog
here where I live. It's not that they're worried about the dog or the other
animals. It's just a strategy to avoid the costs for a dog. While my school
was perfectly fine with the other pets that live only in our living room
while the dog of course has the possibilty to enter the whole apartment,
they tried to deny my application because of those small animals. Well,
German bureaucracy in general is a terrible thing.
Just wanted to share this. ;-)

Lisa