[nagdu] Stinky doggie!

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 03:14:11 UTC 2015

Well, I started out standing outside the bathtub using pitchers
of water.  Now, I just get in the shower and use the showerhead
hose to get water on my dog.  Then I use a good dog shampoo,
(don't use people shampoo because our shampoo is harsher and
could hurt their skin.  I usually start at the head, and work
down.  You just need to do a lot of scrubbing, like when you wash
your own hair.  Then, and this is VERY important, it is
absolutely essential that you get every bit of the shampoo out of
your dog's coat and skin.  If not, you could end up with a dog
with sores.  Then make sure that you have plenty of towels and
try to get Jenny as dry as you can.  She will probably shake all
over once she's out of the tub.  The other thing to watch for is
that she may run all over the house.  Try to bathe her right
after she has parked so she won't have to go outside for several
hours, unless you are going to use a blow dryer to dry her.  I
don't like doing that, because I've never met a dog yet that
liked those.  Be prepared also for some back pain.  And a big
mess in the bathroom.

You might check around your neighborhood to see if there are any
Dog Wash places.  I have done that, for about half the price of a
groomer.  They have tables, so that you're standing up, not
bending over to wash your dog.  They also usually have towels,
and some have shampoo.  And the best thing is, they clean up the
mess after you leave.  I liked that because I didn't have a sore
back, and they got rid of all the hair, dirty water and washed
the dirty towels.

Once Jenny is dry, brush and comb her and she should be good.
There are also dog wipes that you can get that you can kind of
wipe over your dog whenever things get a little smelly.  There
are also deodorizing sprays, but I don't really like those so
much, but the wipes seem okay.  Hope this helps.    Peace,
Debby and Neena