[nagdu] moving to a new city: suggestions?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 15 22:24:11 UTC 2015

Hey Aleeha,
I am not sure about moving, but if you treat the packing process as normal, it might help him feel less stressed.

If my recent trip to NYC taught me anything about throwing a dog into an unfamiliar environment, it is to take deep breates and act normal!  Sure you are nervous about big changes, too, but doggies are super perceptive; I know you know this!

Beyond that, here are my thoughts:
1) A Gentle Leader/Halti is a great thing.  New environments can be stressful, which might lead to stress reactions (in Jenny, sniffing is a big one).
2) For the first little while, especially if you are not sure, can you have someone walk you through some familiar areas so that you at least have a mental picture of where you are and the things you will use most often?  If Dallas gets stressed by the newness, can you leave him for short periods while you explore?
3) What do you think causes the loose stool?  Is it a change in routine, a change in water?
4) Are you able to increase the amount of time/frequency you go to the big city before you move?

I am sure there's more, but those are just some thoughts, questions, whatever.