[nagdu] Concerns arise over Uber's accessibility for persons with disabilities

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 22:33:00 UTC 2015

Coming out of lurkdom for a moment,

I've just recently begun using Uber, and thus far my experiences have
been extremely positive. Lyft though, not so much. I was told by Uber
drivers that they are subject to some screening, but I don't know how
extensive it is. Muber has worked out much better for me than Lyft,
whose drivers have denied me access on a number of occasions.

As to notification, normally I am against notifying businesses about my
dog in advance, but I make an exception with taxis, Uber, etc. The only
reason for my letting drivers know in advance is so that they can easily
locate me and verbally identify themselves.