[nagdu] First dog woes @ John was: water intake

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 21 15:03:06 UTC 2015

Hello John!

I have my first guide dog, too. I know that it is alot to learn in the
beginning.
When Taylor got sick the first time, I was incredibly worried. But it's like
others posted already, that's natural, that's not a reason to worry.
You should only be worried, when your dog is throwing up for a long period
of time, a whole day e.g.

I'd also like to know:
How confident do you, personally, feel in regards to taking care of Mollie?
Do you think you need help? #Or is this something only the others think?
Please keep in mind: The first weeks and months with  your first dog aren't
just easy and pleasant. I felt like having a toddler in the house alot of
the time. I had to learn so many things.

This watuer issue: How do you know Mollie isn't drinking enough? How often
does she go for a pee a day?
Mollie notices if you are stressed. So if you are standing next to the water
bowl and worry about her drinking too little, she'd probably be insecure,
too, and won't drink.

When you fill her bowl with water in the morning, does she drink on her own
then during the day?

I hope you can talk to someone form your guide dog school soon and they'll
be able to advise you on things.

Lisa