[nagdu] Trimming golden paws

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sun Jan 25 21:25:32 UTC 2015

KD,

I would start by handling her legs briefly, for just so long as she is
comfortable and rewarding her for letting you. When she's comfortable
with that, then move down to the paws and hold them for just as long as
she is comfortable, rewarding her for that and building up the time she
will let you hold them. Then move your fingers lightly as you hold them
until she is comfortable while you touch her pads and in between her
toes and so on. Then you can start getting her used to the clippers by
the same method, just gradually building her comfort level until she
will hold still. That's how I do it with my poodles.

hth,

Tami