[nagdu] Frontier airlines and guide dogs

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Wed Jul 1 12:59:35 UTC 2015

Thank you all for your comments on this thread. They do charge for carry-on and checked luggage. I also found this on their website. I am pasting it below for future reference and in case someone is considering flying on Frontier.
Thanks again!
Deanna

Traveling With a Service Animal

We accept service animals trained to assist passengers with disabilities in the cabin of our aircraft at no charge. Here are a few things to know about traveling with a service animal:
•A health certificate is not required for service animals unless required by government regulations when traveling to an international destination.
•Identification of a service animal, including one or more of the following, is required:
◦Animal identification card
◦Harnesses, vests, capes or backpack with appropriate identification
◦Verbal assurance detailing what services the animal provides, as well as the training received

 Your service animal must be properly harnessed for the duration of the flight(s). A proper harness is considered a collar and leash or guide dog harness. The animal may sit at your feet and may not sit in the aisle or another seat. If the animal is small enough, it may sit on your lap. If you are traveling with a service animal, you may not be seated in an emergency exit row.