[nagdu] Calling Poodle People

MEGHAN WHALEN mewhalen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:06:27 UTC 2015

Hi all:

I am currently evaluating a seven-month-old poodle puppy for the
service dog organization I volunteer with, and I am seeking advice on
grooming. I am curious of a few things.

1. Do you ever trim your dog yourself, and if so, what kind of cut do
you do/what techniques do you use to do it nonvisually?
2. How often do you brush your beast.
3. What grooming tools do you use?
4. I have read a lot about "line brushing" poodles...and am not sure
if this is only if said poodle has a longer show coat?
5. Do you pluck your dog's ears, or do you leave that up to the professionals?
6. How often do you have your dog's coat cut/trimmed?
7. What type of cut do you prefer for your poodle?
8. Anything else I should know but didn't ask about poodle coat maintenence?

Thanks in advance!

Meghan