[nagdu] Impulse control first attempt

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 3 14:24:22 UTC 2015

I used an uncooked fusilli noodle under a strainer for the not-too-exciting
food, and some treats I got at PetSmart for the high-value treats.  He
started toward the noodle, but I held the leash firmly and he stopped.  I
clicked and treated, and pretty soon he would make a tiny move toward the
food, then stop and look at me for his treat.  We were about 4 feet from the
food, with him ending up between me and the food, though I did call him back
next to me a few times.  Not perfect, but he did not eat the food, or lunge
to get it.  Today we'll do some more.  Successive approximations.  It's
something I understand well, since it's the way I often write programs
myself.
Tracy