[nagdu] Living in the country and NFB convention

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:52:53 UTC 2015

Julie, I hope you get your dream, but just remember that that
peace and quiet has a price.  Where we lived, if the phone went
out, (which happened at least twice a summer) we had no cell
service.  My husband is quite healthy now, but there have been
times when his health was a bit precarious.  It was a very scary
thought to me to have no phone, to have to walk half a mile to
the road, and hope that if I waved somebody down it wouldn't be
some person high on Meth.  I may sound paranoid to you all, but
seriously you never know nowadays.  And it got pretty boring
walking the same half-mile lane.  Then in the winter we'd have
snow thigh high.  My brother-in-law said I'd make a great
advertisement for being snow birds in Florida or southern Cal,
which we eventually did.  Never again will I put myself in that
position.  I'll visit the country for weekends, or even a week,
but never again will I live in the country.  Yes, I enjoy the
peace and quiet, the animals, the wonderful smells, but ow never
again want to feel trapped or isolated.  (Our nearest neighbor
was like four miles away).    Debby and Nova who says that
wherever Mom is is okay with her.